Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A lot has changed


My last blog from my cooking site was posted on March 10th. Little did I know my recipe for Grilled Tuna Steak Baja ( along with many other things) would bring me to the place that I am right now... which in case you are wondering is ecstatically married to a husband currently deployed in Afghanistan.

My Grammy Cortesi used to say "mushrooms grow over night". I never believed that in the proverbial sense. There were many other sayings that I did not believe in until a few months ago. "Love at first sight" ( how can anyone just BAM! know they love a person? LOVE takes time! ) "When you know, you know " ( How can you ever really know? You have to dissect your pros and cons and come up with the most sensible solution and then there will still be doubt).

Ever the cynic, the irony that I experienced all of these cliches to the fullest magnitude is not lost on me.

If I look at time and place when this all began, I would have to say with my Grammy who prayed for me to have a husband in my life who would love, honor, cherish and take care of me. I know this was her dying wish and I also feel that she played a very important role in bringing Matthew and I together in heaven.

Long story short, Matthew and I, re-connected after 20 years of not seeing each other. He had always had a childhood crush on me as our families spent a few holidays and vacations together.

In May, Matthew called his mom to chat and when she told him that my father was visiting and he heard my name, he felt God say " that's her!".

The rest that follows is detailed more in my post that is from our engagement email. Basically, he wasted NO time, contacted me, flew me to Tacoma ( where I instantly knew he was the ONE). Two weeks later we were engaged, 10 days after that we were married, and now he is serving his country in Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment